When it comes to fabric, sometimes scissors just won’t cut it. That’s where a rotary cutter and a cutting mat come in handy. Our sewing how to video will show you all you need to know about these helpful sewing supplies. For project details and a printable, please visit: https://www.hobbylobby.com/DIY-Projects-Videos/Sewing/Learn-to-Sew–Rotary-Cutter-Cutting-Mat-Video/p/14_2558_learn_to_sew_rotary_cutter_video
Sewing tools needed:
1. Grid ruler, 6” x 24”
2. Self-healing rotary mat, 24” x 36”
3. Rotary cutter, 45 mm
Tips & Tricks:
1. Straight Shot: For a perfectly straight cut every time, make sure your ruler, self-healing rotary mat and fabric are all lined up.
2. Magic Number: Don’t cut through more than 4 layers of fabric at a time. Any more could cause your ruler or fabric to slip.
3. Look Sharp: If you have trouble cutting through multiple layers or getting a smooth edge, sharpen or replace the blades on your rotary cutter.
4. A Cut Above: This blade is sharp! Be sure to retract the blade when you’re not using it.
Watch some more of Hobby Lobby’s sewing how-to videos:
Learn to sew: What’s in Your Sewing Basket – https://bit.ly/2PcU5Hd
Learn to Sew: Cutting Tools – https://bit.ly/2Gucqgg
Learn to Sew: Basic Seams – https://bit.ly/2UoYNCq
Learn to Sew: Finishing Seams – https://bit.ly/2Goj3z5
Learn to Sew: Pattern Basics – https://bit.ly/2IzsH4V
Learn to Sew: Ironing vs. Pressing – https://bit.ly/2IC3WoB
Learn to Sew: How to Make a Zipper Closure – https://bit.ly/2PeQfNG
Learn to Sew: Pillowcases Dress – https://bit.ly/2UnnMGn
Learn to Sew: How to Sew a Whipstitch – https://bit.ly/2VOsJcM
Learn to Sew: How to Make Bias Tape and Piping – https://bit.ly/2DhS0VJ
Learn to Sew: How to Sew a Ruffle – https://bit.ly/2IrP39k
Learn to Sew: Simple Curtain Panel – https://bit.ly/2XkKJMa
Shop some of Hobby Lobby’s sewing supplies here: https://www.hobbylobby.com/Fabric-Sewing/c/6
Follow Hobby Lobby:
Find your nearest location: https://www.hobbylobby.com/store-finder